Saturday, July 17, 2010

Greetings From America’s Dairyland

Well, we have arrived safe and sound, but tired. We’ve blamed it on the idea that traveling later in the day has it’s draw backs. It was nice to not have to leave in the wee hours, but it made the waiting seem that much longer. And we gained an hour, so living the same hour twice had to be part of it too, right?



The more we fly and the older I am, the less I like it. That being said, the flights were fine. They all went on time, there was no problem with connecting flights, airports etc. I’ve added to new airports to my list (I’m now at 32. I count them when I need to focus or can‘t sleep.) I must even reluctantly say though it was Continental Airlines , they did well. Perhaps it is just that I abandoned my twenty year grudge from them stranding me in Newark, NJ at 10 pm.


It’s hot here, humid like I expected the South to have been. And flat. Very flat, but oddly it doesn’t seem that different. Perhaps this sounds strange. New England has a definite feel. So does Florida. So did Texas, but much of the Eastern seaboard and a good portion of the South just felt the same. Here does too so far. But we did drive out and see Lake Michigan. Wow. Makes Lake Champlain look like a pond.


We have reservations to see Frank Lloyd Wright’s house tomorrow, they had to be made in advanced. So tomorrow is bound to be more interesting. Given all things we decided to travel first and see Milwaukee on the return side. I just keep trying to imagine Laverne and Squigy here…

No comments:

Post a Comment